The research and innovation capability of Australia’s technology sector – established from our mining industry – is in high demand across multiple other industry sectors. Our world leading METS sector not only supports the mining and resources industry, but delivers solutions that are widely applicable for defence, clean energy and recycling. METS Ignited is pleased to advise that today marks the first in a series of announcements outlining funding opportunities in priority sectors through the Modern Manufacturing Initiative, starting with emerging sector Space.
We are excited to share with you, the first two funding streams for the Space National Manufacturing Priority.
Space funding streams
- The Manufacturing Translation Stream is intended to support Australian businesses to translate high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes and support businesses to scale-up and become more competitive and resilient.
- The Manufacturing Integration Stream will help local businesses to access domestic and international value chains, propelling their goods and services into new markets and fostering Australia’s reputation as a modern manufacturing leader.
Funding rounds for the other National Manufacturing Priorities, including Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing will open in the coming weeks. The Australian Government funding will be provided on a co-investment basis and will cover up to 50 per cent of eligible expenditure.
Modern Manufacturing Initiative Info Sessions
Join AusIndustry for an information session, providing an overview of the Manufacturing Translation and Integration streams, including eligibility requirements and key points from the assessment criteria, and general tips for presenting a strong application.
Wednesday 24 February 2021
- New South Wales/ACT/Victoria and Tasmania: 2pm – 3.30pm
- South Australia: 1.30pm – 3pm
- Queensland: 1pm – 2.30pm
- Northern Territory: 12.30pm – 2pm
- Western Australia: 11am – 12.30pm
About the MMI
The $1.3 billion Modern Manufacturing Initiative will transform Australian businesses and help them to scale-up, translate ideas into commercial successes and integrate into local and international value chains. The MMI is one of three initiatives under the Government’s Modern Manufacturing Strategy creating jobs for now and in the future.